Here is what you need to know in getting started in the process of becoming a Habit Franchisee.
We are looking for seasoned restaurant owners/operators who share a passion for The Habit Brand, who embrace The Habit culture, and who will provide “The Habit Difference” to our guests every day. Our Franchisees should live, work, and play in the market to be developed and be able to devote full-time to operations oversight. Significant business experience or successful restaurant operations is required; and experience in real estate and construction oversight is preferred. You will need to have the dedicated resources and infrastructure to operate the restaurants, source real estate, construct the restaurants, and have access to required liquid capital. We are speaking to potential Franchisees to develop restaurants in the United States and internationally; the extent of which depends upon your qualifications and experience and current development areas and plans.
The first step in the process is to click here, Franchise Questionnaire, and complete the franchise inquiry form. After you have electronically submitted the form, we will contact you via email shortly. We may then set-up a convenient time for us to discuss over the phone the qualifications, experience and current development areas and plans. We appreciate your interest in becoming a Habit Franchisee and look forward to hearing from you soon to discuss the opportunity.
Here are the steps in the process to becoming a Habit franchisee. After each step in the process, you will need to qualify in order to proceed to the next step.
- Submit your completed Franchise Inquiry Form
- Complete initial interest phone interview with our Franchise team
- Complete and submit Part 1 of our application that includes a background and credit check consent form. A follow-up interview may be required.
- Receive and review our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)*
- Attend phone or in person meeting to review the FDD and have further dialogue
- Complete and submit Part 2 or our application and financial verification
- Attend a field meeting in your potential market
- Attend discovery days in Irvine, California to meet the leadership team and see and experience the restaurant operations.
- All application information reviewed for final approval
- Sign the Area Development Agreement
* Our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) is available only to qualified prospects by email link to our secure website when we have provided a password.
- What are you looking for in a franchise candidate?
- We are looking for seasoned restaurant owners/operators who share a passion for The Habit brand, The Habit culture, and will provide “The Habit Difference” to our guests. You will need to live in and understand the market to be developed and devote full-time to the operations. Real estate and construction experience are preferred. Significant business experience or successful restaurant operations is required. You will need the dedicated resources and infrastructure to meet your development schedule including the required liquidity and access to additional capital.
- What is the first step in becoming a franchisee?
- Visit our Getting Started page and complete the inquiry form. Once we receive this we will contact you to discuss your qualifications and the opportunity.
- What is the process in becoming a franchisee and how long does it take?
- Please visit our Process page to see the required steps in becoming a franchisee. Typically, after you submit the first part of the application, the process will take 3 to 4 months.
- Where are you franchising?
- We are currently awarding franchise area development agreements throughout much of the United States. We are not offering agreements in the states of California, Utah, or Arizona.
- Are you awarding single unit or multi-unit franchise development?
- We only award multi-unit area development agreements. The number of restaurants within the development agreement will vary given the market size and demographics. Typically, the agreement will have a minimum of 3 restaurants in a small market, 6 and above in a medium sized market, and 8 or more in larger markets.
- What are your financial requirements?
- A minimum of $1M in liquid assets and $3M of net worth depending on the size of the development territory.
- What are your fees?
- Our initial franchise fee is $35,000. Our continuing royalty fee is 5% of gross sales. Our brand marketing fee may be up to 2% of gross sales.
- How much money does it take to build a Habit restaurant?
- The initial investment starts from $751,000. This is inclusive of the initial Franchise Fee, real estate rent, security deposits, construction, furniture, fixtures, and equipment, signage, opening inventory and supplies, grand opening advertising, training expenses, and other miscellaneous opening costs. Detailed explanations on these expenses will be noted in the Franchise Disclosure Document.
- Do you assist with financing?
- No, we do not provide any financing.